Sunday 14 September 2014

Jamie Harper- Horror films task


Horror films are made to scare the audience, make hem jump and make them scream. They contain your worst nightmare normally and are aimed at people who love a good fright. They have been around for over 100 years and there is thousands of different versions of horror. Not one horror film is normally the same, although they have the same type of scary character or thing they normally have a different plot and all horror films are made for one thing in general. That is to scare the audience as much as they possibly can.

One film that I have seen from the horror section is Dawn of the Dead. Dawn of the dead is about a huge zombie take over and how the zombies are erasing the human race by biting them which then turns them in to a zombie. One scene from the film is when a zombie bites a woman who is minute away from giving birth, so when she gave birth she gave birth to a zombie baby who instantly went on the hunt to kill humans. The effect on me from this film is that because I watched it quite a young age it made me to believe that the film was real life and could actually happen. I know now that this could never happen but the effect this film had on me was quite distressing due to certain parts in the film, for example when I just mentioned previously. 

Another film that I have seen from the horror section is Freddy Vs Jason. This film is about a creature called Freddy who has claws and is forever trapped in hell due to Springfield residents forgetting about him. Freddy also has no powers at this point but in an attempt to gain his powers back he manipulates a person called Jason who wears an ice hockey mask and carries a machete with him. One scene from the film is at the end where Jason and Freddy are in a huge epic final battle with each other. In the end Jason wins the battle and walks out of the lake carrying Freddy’s head and he winks then the film finishes. The film doesn’t really have a scary attempt on me but I find personally quite funny how they are just fighting cutting each other’s fingers off and still managing to fight as if nothing has happened.

Another film that I have seen from the horror section is Chucky. Chucky is about a killer doll that goes round killing humans. Chucky has a wife and between them they go round killing humans as although they are only a doll they are pretty deadly and as they are just a doll they are very misleading. When they are with family it wouldn’t take long for chucky to kill the family that own them as chucky has many different plots to kill the family that owns them as he is a very clever doll with the plans he comes up to kill the families. The film has quite a disturbing but very unrealistic effect on me. I find it very odd how a little doll is just so deadly and kind of creeps me out a little bit because of the gruesome ways of killing people that doll does. I also find it very unrealistic how it is a doll that is killing so many people and is just so deadly and it’s a little funny as of course it would never happen in real life.

Another film that I have seen from the horror section is Friday the 13th. Friday the 13th is about a man called Jason who wears an ice hockey mask and carries around a machete. He lives on a lake called Crystal Lake and murders anyone that enters the lake to camp. There is this one girl called Whitney that he doesn’t kill as she resembles his late mother so he just captures her and keeps her in his layer. In the end Jason is killed by Whitney and her brother Clay. I find the film very interesting as I think it has a very good plot to it that I really like and the effect on me that it has is that is quite frightful but I like the whole plot and story line to it.

Another film that I have seen from the horror section is A Nightmare On Elm Street. This film is about a creature called Freddy who has claws and is always appearing in this girl called Nancy dreams. The film has quite a scary effect on me as at the end of the film Freddy is seen dragging a woman with him and that image always sits in my head as I find it pretty scary. The film is very unrealistic and makes me fright a lot and leaves that effect on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment